blessings!

Welcome to my blog!
It's always a work in progress... as all of our lives are as well. I hope that this blog can serve as an update on life, and also just a place to share the things the Lord teaches me with each passing day. He has been so good to me, and blessed me beyond what I could ask or imagine, and I'm believing to know even more of His goodness in the days to come.

I hope you are blessed each time you visit this page.
kristen lynn :)

Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Week in the Life...

Oh, how I've looked forward to this day... a Saturday off when I could go to Haymarket (the famous Boston farmer's market) where people from all over the world come and buy and sell local produce, cheeses, breads and spices. It's one of my favorite things in this city I (temporarily) call home. I LOVE getting to go there, and today I had a good excuse of needing to make a big fruit salad. They always have cheap prices, but today was especially amazing... I think the best I got was 3 containers of raspberries for $2!! DELICIOUS!!

Yesterday evening, before the Lighthouse (our church's weekly College Worship Night) I met three students from Bahrain, whose first language is Arabic. I asked them how to say "thank you" in Arabic, and I learned that it is "shukran." Today, when I made my first purchase of apples (5 for $1) and plums (8 for $1!!), I said "shukran" and had a great interaction with the vendor. I later met several members of a Vietnamese/Cambodian/Chinese family who are Christians, and invited them to my church. It was such a fun, joyful day for my heart. I felt my love for this city just grow in my heart as I walked among the people. I felt the Lord also increase my heart to see Boston prosper, and give me grace to love these people I will only live among for a few more months.

This year marks my 7th year of living in the lovely Boston area. Funny that I live only a 2-minute walk away from the Residence Hall I moved into my Freshman year at B.C. It's crazy, though, that I live with women I didn't even know existed before I came here, and have a huge community of people I get to call family. The Lord really does "set the lonely in families."

Speaking of family...
This past week I spent with my church-planting team. We spent the week getting to know each other more, discussing personalities, giftings, and sharing parts of our lives with each other... I loved it! I sometimes find it difficult to talk about myself a lot, but it was a safe and sweet atmosphere to get to do it, and I really do feel connected in a deeper way to my team. It was so sweet, life-giving, encouraging, and it's helped me to walk in greater confidence in who I'm made to be, as a daughter of God. There is so much the Lord is teaching me in this season, and I can't for all He has in store for me... He is so good!

Thank You, Lord, for your mercy on my life and for giving me hope, a future, and a life that's more FULL than I could have ever imagined!

No comments: